Monday, December 22, 2008

Wow, it has been almost a month!

I finally visited my own blog and was reminded of how quickly time passes around the holiday season.  My blog inactivity is directly related to the non-stop whirlwind tour that is Africa.  First there was Thanksgiving.  We were able to have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with Turkey and all the trimmings.  We hosted two other families and a guy who was out here working temporarily over the holiday.  All the kids went swimming as it was about 90 degrees and sunny. As I read the Durango Herald, I smiled when came across the forecast for Thanksgiving.  I can honestly say I do not miss the cold weather.  Thanksgiving went off without a hitch as we had plenty of food and drink and the expandable waistline pants once again proved to be worth their weight in gold.  The days after were spent preparing for my upcoming trip to Nairobi, Kenya for a week long cybercrime conference involving about 10 African countries.  I was anxious to travel to Kenya and to meet with some of my counterparts who would also be attending. 

No comments: